Fourteen exemplary women business leaders will receive the nation’s premier award for excellence among women’s business enterprises (WBEs) bestowed by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) at its Annual Salute to Women’s Business Enterprises, Wednesday, March 23, 2011, before 1,000 corporate executives, WBEs and government and nonprofit VIPs at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD.
WBENC’s Summit & Salute is part of a comprehensive two-day strategic educational program showcasing thought leaders and key business trends, and providing WBEs with vital access to WBENC Corporate Members. This year’s sessions will include ways in which WBEs can expand their businesses in alliance with prime suppliers and other WBEs.
The 2011 WBENC WBE Stars are national representatives selected by WBENC’s 14 Regional Partner Organizations (RPOs), which process WBENC’s world-class certification of WBEs, in addition to providing skill-building educational programs and business development opportunities with major corporations.
“Our 2011 Women’s Business Enterprise Stars are role models of innovation and drive for women’s businesses everywhere,” said Linda Denny, WBENC President and CEO, the leading advocate for and authority on WBEs as suppliers to the nation’s top corporations. “The Summit & Salute illustrates why WBENC is The Opportunity Connection for women’s business enterprises,” she added. In delivering sophisticated resources and senior-level networking opportunities, WBENC enables the long-term success of women’s businesses and the corporations they serve.
The following 2011 WBENC Women’s Business Enterprise Stars will be recognized for leadership in their respective local business communities, inspiration to other women business owners, and active roles at the helm of successful certified businesses:
- Candice Bennett, President, Candice Bennett & Associates, Inc., representing Women Presidents’ Educational Organization-DC, www.candicebennett.com
- Rebecca Boenigk, CEO, Neutral Posture, Inc., representing Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance, www.neutralposture.com
- Lorelei Carobolante, President & CEO, G2nd Systems, LLC, representing Women’s Business Enterprise Council-West, www.G2nd.com
- Sharon Castillo, Principal, SB Services, Inc., representing Women’s Business Development Center – Chicago, www.sbservicesinc.com
- Pam Curry, Executive Vice President, One Safe Place Media Corp, representing Women’s Business Council-Southwest, www.onesafeplace.com
- Rosalie Edson, President, Meadows Office Furniture Co., representing Women Presidents’ Educational Organization-NY, www.meadowsoffice.com
- Floriza Genautis, CEO, Management Business Solutions, representing Women’s Business Enterprise Council-Great Lakes, www.mgmtbsolutions.com
- Angie Hollerich, CEP, CCA, and Owner, Brass Ring Productions, Ltd., representing Ohio River Valley Women’s Business Council, www.brassringpro.com
- Monique Honaman, CEO, ISHR Group, representing Greater Women’s Business Council, www.ishrgroup.com
- Patty Klein, CMP, President and CEO, A-Plus Meetings & Incentives, representing Women’s Business Development Center-Florida, www.aplusmeetings.com
- Michele McHenry, President, Laser Lab, Inc, representing Women’s Business Enterprise Council-PA-DE-sNJ, www.laser-lab.com
- Janell McGill, Principal, Milligan Events, representing Astra Women’s Business Alliance, www.milliganevents.com
- Janice Migliore, CEO, PALCO, representing Women’s Business Enterprise Council- South, www.palcotelecom.com
- Beth Williams, CEO, Roxbury Technology Corp, representing the Center for Women & Enterprise, www.roxburytechnology.com